Study in the UK

Student Support We want you to be successful and achieve your qualification and we provide excellent student support to help you achieve this.

We encourage all international students to discuss their studies with us before they arrive. You can do this by telephone, email or even in your own country. Our International Team regularly travels abroad to meet students and advise them on their course of study. While you are at the college you can speak to our International Team in the Student Centre.

When you arrive you will be assigned a Student Tutor. Your Student Tutor helps you settle into the college, supports you through your time here and helps you progress to where you want to be. Student Tutors help you with your timetable, can organise extra support and help you apply for university. Your Student Tutor will also tell you about all of the additional activities that you can join in when you are here. They are also someone you can ask for help if you have any questions.

Every international student has the opportunity to take extra English language lessons alongside their qualifications. This is supported by a fully stocked section in our library specialising in English as a Foreign Language (EFL).

Go to University NTE offers Higher National Diploma and Certificate courses. HNC and HND qualifications are recognised as intermediate qualifications on the Framework for Higher Education Qualifications with recognised progression routes to UK Universities.

Your Student Tutor will be able to help you with University Application and give you advice on what to study next or what careers are suitable for you.

Student Centre The Student Centre is where you can get information and advice. You don’t need to make an appointment, just drop in to see us. We are happy to help and work with you to find the information you need, for example:

* Choosing the correct course

* Finding somewhere to live

* Advice on the next step after your course

* Careers advice

* Applying to university

* Finding a part-time job

Visa Extension

All students requiring visa extensions during their stay at the College may submit their passports and other supporting documents to the Student Services team. This must be done at least 6 weeks before the expiry of the visa.

Opening Bank Accounts

Students will be advised on the procedure for opening a bank account. We recommend that students bring bank references from their own countries in order to facilitate easy reference.


Overseas full time students are permitted to work for up to 20 hours per week in the term-time and 40 hours per week the rest of the time, providing that there is no adverse effect upon their studies.

Medical Care

All full time students are entitled to free medical care under the National Health Services (NHS). Students must be registered with the General Practioner (GP) to get free medical treatment.

Post a Comment